Find out more about local and national organisations providing advice, support and assistance with any type of sexual health issue.
In an emergency dial 999. If not urgent or you want to make contact to make a report dial 101.
Additional information can be found on the Police Scotland website www.scottish.police.uk
Click here for a list of GPs in your area.
Sexual Health Scotland
- Site for 16 plus, Health Scotland Sexual Health Site
Get the Lowdown
- Site for young people, associated with YoungScot
Young Scot (Argyll & Bute)
- Young Scot site for 11 to 26 year olds, Argyll & Bute section
- Sandyford clinics operate in Dunoon and Helensburgh. These offer a full sexual health and reproductive health service.
- Childline website
Waverley Care (Argyll & Bute)
- Waverley Care Website, link to Argyll & Bute Section
Argyll and Bute Council Website
- Argyll & Bute Council website, social care and health page
- NHS Highland Website - Sexual Health Services in North Highland
NHS Highland (Argyll & Bute Sexual Health Services)
- Argyll & Bute sexual health services on the NHS Highland site
- nhs24.com provides comprehensive up-to-date health information and self care advice for people in Scotland
- Detailed worldwide HIV/AIDS information focusing on regional and global responses to the epidemic. Avert.org also provides HIV and AIDS facts, advice and sex.
- Sexual health advice and information on contraception, sexually transmitted infections, pregnancy choices, abortion and planning a pregnancy. Training for professionals
British Pregnancy Advisory Service
- The British Pregnancy Advisory Service is a charity which offers information and choices on unplanned pregnancy.
Argyll & Bute Rape Crisis Centre
- Argyll and Bute Rape Crisis offers free and confidential support to both women and men survivors (aged 13 +) of all forms of sexual violence including rape, sexual assault and childhood sexual abuse whether the abuse is recent or historic. We also offer support to survivors’ non-offending partners, family members, friends and workers.